CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

GREAT GAME

Today was a beautiful day in Oklahoma! Since the time change this past weekend, Corbin and I decided to play some tennis after work. We started warming up some and I felt pretty good with my swing. We started playing a game. Since Corbin is so much better than me we have a special version we play. Corbin has to win 4 points and I have to win 2. First one to win 6 games or win by two. Sometimes I feel that Corbin hits them out on purpose to keep the game close and so I can feel good about myself, but today everytime he hit it out he said "dang it", which mean he wasn't doing it on purpose. I was feeling really good about myself. I was in the lead 4 to 2. He told me I wasn't going to win anymore games. Corbin came back winning three games in a row putting the score at 5 to 4. I was pretty nervous, but couldn't let the comments he was making get to me. He would say things like..."Last point...Pressures on." Anything to distract me. He has done this before and I always lose. I remained focused and came back to win it all 7 to 5. I was so excited because Corbin is soooooo good. I have never beat him before. He is so fun to play with because I know I am getting better since he plays at a higher level.I was so proud of myself and had to share this great news with everyone else. I told Corbin I was going to write this on our blog and he said I had to make sure I explained the way WE play so there wasn't any confusion:)

2 comments:

azHarline said...

Good job Amy. That is so funny that Corbin said you had to explain the way you play. It sounds just like him. We miss the both of you tons and can't wait to see you.

Brittanny said...

now Amy...I realize Corbin is one of the most competitive persons in the world...so...YAH! I am so proud of you! Good job! I am pretty sure he didn't sleep as well that night! And hey...I like all your updates to your blog. good job