CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Dennis Harline

Yesterday was Corbin's dads birthday. He would have been 65. We made spice cake with cream cheese icing....oh so good. Grandma Dodie makes it better, but we were still satisfied. I didn't have candles, so we used toothpicks....Let's just say not the smartest idea and of course it was mine:) When Corbin blew out the candles, (toothpicks) white ashes got all over the cake and filled the air. It was funny. At church Corbin spoke, so he wore a tie his dad gave him and also tied in some great personal experience he had with his dad growing up. It was really good. His dad would have been proud. It was a good day celebrating.

5 comments:

azHarline said...

That is so sweet. I was reading this outloud(brandon was in the room) He thinks it is a good idea and now wants to make a spice cake every year for his birthday.

Katie said...

What a nice idea to celebrate his birthday every year.

Brittanny said...

Amy...I am definitely going to have to tell Josh about the tooth picks...we are going to laugh about that for the rest of the week! So thanks...I needed a laugh pretty bad! And I am a litte jealous of spice cake...

Anonymous said...

I so miss "Amy Moments!" What a great idea! Poor Corbin, I know how much he hates having his picture taken - how many times did you do a retake Amy? LOL :)

Corbin and Amy said...

Collette....you know Corbin too well:) Let's just say we took several.