CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

A New Heart



A few weeks ago the hospital Corbin works at started placing mechanical hearts in patients who have heart failure. This is the only hospital in Oklahoma that performs this surgery and one of the only hospitals in the U.S. Corbin was able to assist during the first procedure done at this hospital and was part of a news conference afterwords. This was really exciting to me, but of course Corbin didn't mention it to me until weeks later:) I like how serious Corbin looks. I would love to be invisable and go to work with him and see first hand what he really does.

This is a picture of the person with their chest open. The patients feet is at the top of the picture and the mechanical heart is just above the real heart. The device pumps for your heart.




This is a diagram of the picture above.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you seriously needed to give me some type of warning! ICK! I was so not ready for that Amy! Congrats to Corbin on the job. Isn't if fun to see the boys in their scrubs all serious looking? I totally wish I could see them hard at work, too! By the way, whenever you comment on my blog I usually respond, so don't forget to follow up - I did send a note to Corbin a while ago. K, miss you guys - talk to you soon!

azHarline said...

That is so awesome. I would totally love to see that someday. I have always wanted to see a heart surgery. I just think that the heart is one amazing organ. I miss you guys. Love ya

J.ME said...

Nice Work Corbin! What a cool thing! Amy, so sorry I haven't been a loyal friend in the blogging area. I'll get back on track. You have posted so many great entries. I'm impressed and love to read all that you do and love in life. You are great!

Katie said...

wow! that is so cool! what an awesome thing to be apart of!

Brittanny said...

Corbin told me about that doctor he worked with. He said he is from Utah. I am glad Utahns represent! How did you get that first pic? That was awesome! What cool stuff he gets to do at work...you and me...get to work with teeth...now how fun is that? PS...how is he liking his rotation in ICU? I know he hated it the first week...but is it getting better? Hey...post some pics on your blog of your hair too!