CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Growing up in southern Florida there was always a tradition my family followed, along with many other southerners. On New Years Day we always had fresh collard greens my dad would pick from the garden, black eyed peas, cornbread and macaroni and cheese. Well the cornbread and macaroni & cheese have absolutely no meaning, but collard greens and black eyed peas do. By eating collard greens it means you will be blessed financially and the black eyed peas means you will have good health. So on this day I am going to eat my fill of collard greens and black eyed peas to carry on that tradition and start the new year out right. Happy 2009. Wow it's hard to believe!

3 comments:

Megan Lofgran said...

Congratulations from Adam and I on the pregnancy! We're very excited for you! Becoming a parent will be the best day of your life! Your southern food tradition sound so interesting. I bet you have a great recipe for mac and cheese. I've been on a life long quest for a fantastic mac and cheese recipe. Let me know if yours is up for public viewing!

Jeff said...

Wow! I wish I would have known that you like those veggies.....they are some of my favs. Maybe next year we should celebrate together! Happy New Year to you, too!

amy said...

Hey - this is Dave - You guys are pregnant! How exciting! I don't know if the world is ready for Corbin Jr. Congratulations! We missed you guys this Christmas. We were thinking back to how fun it was to have you at our house last year. I wish our kids were better travelers so we could come visit you in OK.