CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Colorado

I can't even remember how long Corbin and I have talked about going and visiting Colorado Springs. We finally did it and loved every second there! We drove from Oklahoma City through Kansas over to Colorado. I was so nervous driving with Landen, but he was AMAZING!! I couldn't ask for a better child.

We went to Garden of the Gods. It was beautiful. It had these amazing red rock formations that covered miles in the mountains.

We also went to Pikes Peak. I'll be honest....I was really really scared! We couldn't even make it to the top. I know...I'm pretty lame, but we almost got to the top:) At the top the estimated degrees was 20 with a wind chill of 6 degrees. Crazy!


We also got to see the Air Force Academy. We met up with Corbin's uncle and he was a great tour guide.


Beautiful waterfalls

Everywhere we looked it was pure beauty! There were pine trees everywhere and the air smelled delicious.




And to make the trip perfect, we found Bubba Gumps. It's one of our favorites and we have only seen them in Hawaii and Santa Monica. I guess we really could live in Colorado now that we know Bubba Gumps is here!






3 comments:

BrieAnn said...

Parts of Colorado are paradise. Jake and I love Boulder and Estes Park. I've never been to a Bubba Gump restaurant before, but we almost went when we were in Hawaii. There's one at Navy Pier in Chicago - just in case you find yourself here one day.

amy said...

I lived in Colorado till I was 12, and really there is not place like it. I am glad that you enjoyed it. I am glad to hear too, that Landon enjoyed it.

We have crazy news, we are moving back to Arizona. Hopefully that will give us the chance to see you, when you visit family. :)

Brittanny said...

I knew I would be jealous when I saw the pictures. I wish we could have met up with you guys!!! I am glad you went- and now it is OK to move there. I love the run forest run sign btw... :) Landen is getting so big...I can't wait to kiss those cheeks!