On December 27th my Mamaw passed away in Florida, so I surprised my family and made a trip to be at the funeral. My mom was having such a hard time and I wanted to be there for her and all her brothers and sisters. When my mom first saw me she just sat there and put her head down and cried. She said "I kept waiting hoping you would come." I'm so grateful I was able to be there. The funeral was so beautiful and it was really nice to see my Mamaw one more time.
I loved being back in Florida. It had been over a year since I had been home, so it was great to finally be home again. While Landen and I were there, he had a lot of "firsts." Here are a few: He learned how to feed a baby...his cousin Malea.
He learned how to use a sparkler. And last but not least....
He learned how to use a gun! He is all boy and he loved all the open spaces to run around and get dirty. He learned how to say Meme and Papa. It just melted my heart. It was great to be together and have everyone come together during such a hard time. There is strength in numbers and I know my mom felt that with everyone there. It was sad to leave, but like I said, I love to look forward to things. Another family trip should be around the corner!

2 comments:
I am glad you got to go to Florida to be with your family and especially your mom. I can only imagine the added comfort you brought being there all together.
Josh will be so proud when he sees the gun pic of Landen!
i am so sad about your mamaw. i love that you got to go and be with your mom. what a beautiful story..you made me cry! Landen is getting so BIG!! i saw him with that gun and my first thought other than...so cute...was "you'll shoot your eye out kid!!"
Post a Comment