There was a really bad storm today and there was another tornado that touched down close to our house and the sirens were going off. I was really scared because I'm still not used to it I suppose. I had just got home from work and Corbin was stuck at the gym. They wouldn't let anyone leave. The video below is footage of a stream that is across the street from our house and it was turned into a river because of all the rain. The news reported 124 mph winds in the area of our home and the path the news was tracking crossed right above our home, but did not touch down in our direct area. A few weeks ago a tornado touched down a mile from our home. Just another day for those from Oklahoma.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
wow! that is scary! What a pretty area you live in though!
Dang, that's scary. I hope you guys are alright. You just reminded me of a story - when we lived in CA, we had earthquake drills in school all the time. When I moved to AZ, we had a fire drill but I thought it was an earthquake drill and hid under my desk. True story. Not only was I the new kid, I was now the weird kid.
How scary is that. That is why I live in the Great state of Arizona. No torandos, earthquakes, hurricanes, or blizzards. So to avoid any more torandos you and Corbin should just move back to AZ and live by us and then we could be neighbors. Then you wouldn't have to worry about anything destroying your house.
hmmm...can't say that I am envious of where you live now...and I thought I wanted to get out of town! And we have seen that stream- it still looks so pretty right there...infact Amy- it looks a little like FORKS! SCARY!
yea..i don't think i will ever get used to them either. I just am afraid that even in our safe spot our house will crush and we will be underneath. its scary!
crazy weather...i can't believe the stream under the bridge got that high. the girls were in the bath tub when the weather got crazy so they were a little wet as we hung out in our safe spot.
by the way traske would love to play softball was on call sat. so if c is every looking for another play have him call traske.
Hi Corbin and Amy! That is pretty crazy. We are glad to see that you are alive and well. Looks like you could use a white water raft. I also love the mole removal thing. Who knew it could be so complicated;).
Post a Comment