Has there ever been a recipe from a relative that you have tried to make, but it never comes out exactly right? Well that's how it has been for me with Grandma Dodie's famous macaroni and cheese. I have finally mastered it after countless attempts. Some of you have asked for the recipe, so here it is:
(This will feed two people, so double if you want to make more)
12 oz (1/2 bag) Large Elbow noodles----I've tried the small elbow and it's not as good
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)--reserve some for top
3 tbps butter
splash of milk
salt and pepper to taste
Cook noodles as directed until tender. Drain. Pour into oven safe dish. Stir in cheese a little at a time. Slowly add more as it melts. Stir in butter and milk and make sure all the noodles are evenly combined. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in oven at 400 degrees until cheese melts and it is bubbly.
Pretty easy huh?? We love it and thank Grandma Dodie for making it our favorite.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Macaroni and Cheese
Posted by Corbin and Amy at 4:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I didn't even know she had a famous macaroni and cheese reciepe. Brandon never tells me anything. I think I will have to try it some time.
I made this mac n cheese tonight and it was GOOD!! I added shredded chicken and broccoli floretts to it and it made it a complete casserole. Ellen just ate it and ate it! Thank you!
Post a Comment