CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Paper Flowers....

I'm the primary president in our ward in Oklahoma and I'm going to be honest...it's not easy. Sometimes it's down right HARD! Especially during this time of year with the primary program, holiday parties to be planned and the start of a new year soon.

Today was a day that made me so grateful for my calling and for the sweet children I serve everyday. As the 7 year old children come in to sharing time from class, I'm handed a bouquet of colorful paper flowers in a vase. They said "These are for you Sis. Harline!" They were so excited to give them to me, but I think I was more excited to recieve them. On each flower the kids wrote down how they are going to serve. One said "Say to someone who is lonely, Do you want to be my friend? They will say sure." Another said "Serve my mom in bed when she is sick." It's the small things like this that make my calling so rewarding.