CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Utah trip

As I prepare to blog about our vacation...I realize I don't have many pictures...especially of our host and hostess. We really enjoyed being in Utah with family and seeing the snow and mountains. I always forget how beatiful it is there in the winter. It wasn't even that cold! It was perfect weather while we were there. All the grandkids with Grammy




Beautiful snow!

It's hard being apart from family. Especially living here in Oklahoma because we have zero family here. I envy those who can drive two miles to see their mom, sister or in laws. We have really had to lean on our friends to fill in those gaps and in their own way have become like family. Oh how I wish that our families could live in a 5 mile radius. I say that, but we may get sick of eachother:)
This trip was so fun, but it was also hard. I had a sick little boy with us who just couldn't seem to shake it. It's been 3 weeks now and I took him back to the doctor today. His doctor said he has an ear infection and needs antibiotics. Poor guy. He has been such a trooper, but it seems like his mommy hasn't. I was getting so frustrated that he was waking up at 4am and not going back to sleep! Now I feel so guilty for letting him cry because I know there was a true reason and he needed me. Hopefully he will start to feel better soon and be his old self again.
It was nice to have a break from real life, sometimes that's necessary to recharge your batteries. Until the next trip...and hopefully I won't have a sick baby!



1 comments:

amy said...

Seriosly, where would we be with out family?! I would be so sad with out my mom down the street. I am glad you have friends to support you. Sorry about Landon's infection. I hate having sick kids! I hope he feels better soon.