CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Weaning

It is official! I am done nursing!!!! I thought I would be sad, but I feel a new sense of freedom and it's wonderful. From the beginning I said I would nurse until Landen was 6 months old and then I would be done. Then 6 months rolled around and I told myself I would nurse until Landen was 12 months old. So I kept doing it mainly because it was so convenient (I did enjoy being close to Landen too) and I loved not having the extra expense of buying formula. The last two months it's been a gradual thing. He was slowly nursing less and eating more table food. Sometimes I felt like I was forcing him to nurse. I was expecting this process to be painful and uncomfortable, but it hasn't been. It's been great! I felt like it was too easy. I made it a year! I'm very proud of myself.

3 comments:

Brittanny said...

You made it a year! Hoorah! That is actually so much harder than it sounds too...so good job! you won't miss it!

azHarline said...

Congrats! And is it too soon for me to envy your freedom? I keep telling myself 6 months as well, so hopefully I can make it to at least that.

amy said...

Seriously, in by book that is a huge accomplishment! I never, ever nursed passed 6 months, and as soon as I did it was...sigh...free at last, free at last! Landon is lucky to have a great mom.