CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update on my pregnancy.....

Last week I went to the doctor for the weekly check up and they noticed some protein in my urine and also that my blood pressure what a little elevated. I've had lots of swelling in my feet and ankles and it doesn't go away. He said it was nothing to worry about as of yet, but he wanted to see me Wednesday.

Wednesday came and I went in. The good news is there isn't any protein in my urine, but my blood pressure was really high. 142/94. They even checked it twice just to make sure it was right. I've never had a blood pressure over 108/70 so this wasn't something I was used to. My doctor wanted me to have an ultrasound to make sure Landen was ok. Everything looked fine with him and they estimated how much he weighs after they took all his measurements.....7lbs 6 oz! Holy cow.....he's already massive. He's apparently growing just fine:)

My doctor put my on bedrest and he wants to deliver the baby no later than 38 weeks.....which means that's alot sooner than 40 weeks:) So I could have Landen next week or the first week of July depending on my blood pressure.

I know he's going to be healthy...I just can't wait to finally meet him, hold him and kiss his cheeks.

7 comments:

Hansen Family said...

I hope things go well for you! I am sure you are so excited to finally meet him! I love the first child and how new and exciting it all is. You are in are prayers and we wish you well.

Heather

Lindsay P. said...

Bedrest huh? My sister went through the same thing with her first. She has a story to tell, but I will leave that for another day. ;) I'm wishing you all the best and please let me know if you need anything. I am so excited for you! What a fun time!

Lindsay Parke.

azHarline said...

Well, at least you can have some rest before the baby comes. And it looks like you only have a few more weeks. Maybe he will be born on Aaron's birthday. I miss ya guys ton.

Katie said...

Exciting! Can't wait to see your little guy!

Joni said...

Miss Amy,
I want you to call me if you need anything. I don't have little ones to look after and I have a lot of spare time on my hands right now with Kevin out of town for the next ten days. Night or day, anytime. 550-3700.
Joni

Allie said...

I'm so sorry! But, you know, it's good that your doc caught those symptoms early. The nice thing is that if it IS preeclampsia, the cure is delivery :)
I was on bedrest for a couple of days and it was so BORING! Are there any books or magazines you'd like to read? Can I rent you a movie that you'd like to see? Can I bring you a sonic drink or jamba? Let me know how I can help!

Debbie Gardner said...

Wow, When I was getting updates I thought 20 days was soon. Russell was 7 lbs 6 oz when he was born and he was 3 days late. So you will have a nice healthy big boy. Good Luck! Can't wait to see pictures.